Skills & Experience
User Experience Foundations
My education and work experience provided a solid foundation for my career as a User Experience Professional
Macalester College – Undergraduate Studies
Major/Courses and UX Skills Learned:
- Analysis of big picture AND details
- Tracking trends over time
Mathematics Minor/Computer Courses:
- Problem solving and knowledge of software architecture and HCI
- Understanding people and their:
Proctor & Gamble’s Healthcare Division
P&G is a top company for training professionals in interviewing and client interaction skills
UX Skills Learned:
- Interviewing stakeholders and users for deeper meaning
- Experience in listening for clarity and understanding
- Building stakeholder and client relationships
Loyola University Chicago – Quinlan School of Business
Master of Science in Human Resources with Developing Training Programs Specialty Coursework
Major/Courses and UX Skills Learned:
User Training Program Design & Training Program Delivery
- Graduate Assistant Program Scholarship
- International managerial training design
- Ongoing user testing and evaluation
- Focus on user needs and user-centered methods
- User data analysis and analytics
Organizational Psychology & Organizational Behavior
- Understanding workplace needs, pain points, and goals
Software Design Consultant to Fortune 500 Firms
My UX Foundation Skills helped me launch my successful software UX/UI Design consulting business
My Fortune 500 UX Design Clients Included:
- Montgomery Ward Retail Store Headquarters – Architecture Department
- Helene Curtis – Product Design & Packaging
- Argonne National Laboratory – American Institute of Physics
Skills & Experience
Senior UI/UX Designer for Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Client Projects
Websites, web apps, and mobile apps to improve patient health outcomes
My UI/UX Design/Research for Successful Health Education Programs helped Hospitals, Medical Schools, and U.S. Government Healthcare Agencies
I have over 20 years of Senior UI/UX Design and Research experience designing websites, web apps, mobile apps, and interactive education programs that helped doctors, nurses, and their patients learn more about their chronic illness.
UX Design & Research Collaborations
Hospital Site Visits
The “Prescription for Learning” Web App for Healthcare Education
Empowering Doctors and Nurses to help their Patients Learn
Partnering with four hospital-based cancer centers and the National Cancer Institute, I lead the UX/UI Design and Research for an innovative, tablet-based learning program for the CancerHelp Institute.
- Designed and conducted in-depth interviews and usability testing.
- Created personas, wireframes, and mobile interactive prototypes for testing with both healthcare staff and cancer patients.
- Lead team exercises with post-it notes, markers, and note cards for ideation, storyboarding, and user journey sessions.
- Designed User Flow Diagrams and User Journey Maps for Patients and Health Professional. These were presented to cancer center stakeholders. (See examples at right)
- Managed “Content Distribution Partner” relationship with the National Cancer Institute
- Lead UX Design and Research for mobile smartphone and tablet education program
- Designed connections to Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems for communication links
- Designed and reported on Google Analytics and Tag Manager for custom cancer center websites
- Designed secure cloud-based backend for patient/user data requiring HIPAA compliance.
Click on an image to view larger
The Healthcare Team at Essentia Health, where I conducted 4 days of on-site usability testing and stakeholder in-depth interviews with doctors, nurses, and healthcare administrators. These sessions helped to identify over 17 separate UX/UI areas for improvement for both the user interface and the usability of the website education program.
I presented the UX results of this program with both an Oral and Poster presentation at CPEN, the Cancer Health Education National Conference in 2017 in Cleveland, OH.
View My CPEN Poster Presentation
My UX Research for the CancerHelp Online® Website Program included site visits to the NCI and subscribing Cancer Centers for
user testing, in-depth interviews, and stakeholder presentations
CancerHelp Online® –
UX/UI Design of Custom Websites for Cancer Centers
Senior UX/UI Designer for a mobile friendly patient education website subscription program used by doctors, nurses, and other health professionals to improve patient health outcomes.
My UX/UI Design on this unique program started with initial product design and continued with prototyping and final design through national roll-out. The custom website program included ongoing design and education content updates of patient health information licensed from the National Cancer Institute. The subscription program was successful and involved site visits, user testing, and stakeholder presentations at 8 cancer centers nationwide with a strong user centered design approach.
These site visits for UX Design and Research included:
- Rutgers University Cancer Institute of New Jersey
- AdventHealth Cancer Institute – Serving Orlando Florida Hospital and 7 other Central Florida hospital locations
- Essentia Health Cancer Centers serving Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota
- Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Cancer Program
- Responsible for all UX/UI design including, user testing, persona development, site maps, wireframes, and interactive prototypes for the website program
- Usability Testing onsite at cancer center remote locations resulting in usability and user interface (UI) improvements
- Designed backend user data collection and managed Google Analytics and analytics reporting
- Designed website based interactive prototypes for usability testing and stakeholder presentations
- Designed website user interface to be mobile friendly for patients in English and Spanish including multi-cultural custom content
- Presented website UX Design and Research results at national health education conferences.
Northwestern University Medical School – Interactive Health Education Software UX Design and Research
UX/UI Designer/Researcher & Principle Investigator for two multi-year National Institutes of Health Studies.
The goal of the software design was to help underserved, low-literacy cancer and diabetes patients in urban Chicago to have learning tools to help improve their health coutcomes.
My UX/UI Design and Research helped to create an interactive, multi-media, bilingual education software program for these patients. The study was for the National Institutes of Health and the Agency for Research and Quality (AHRQ).
- Responsible for all UX Design and Research, user testing, site maps, wireframes, and interactive prototypes for the software
- Advocated successfully for the user when user testing revealed major changes were needed with the user interface
- Designed backend user data collection and managed analytics reporting
- Planned, executed, and managed UX Research for 2 separate multi-year studies
- Designed interactive prototypes for user testing with cancer and diabetes patients in English and Spanish
- Designed custom user data collection and analysis tools and made regular presentations of the data
Ortho Biotech (J&J Pharmaceuticals) Healthcare Education Software
UX Design and Research for Multimedia Software Design and Kiosk Rollout
UX Strategist and Project Manager for an innovative, interactive software design and nationwide kiosk rollout project for Ortho Biotech.
- UX design, user testing, site maps, wireframes, and prototypes for the software
- Site visits/presentations and software training for healthcare professionals including doctors and nurses at 40 hospitals nationwide
- Strong collaboration with Ortho Biotech Marketing Managers (stakeholders), subject matter experts, and software developers
- Designed custom user data collection and analysis tools
- Designed interactive prototypes for user testing and stakeholder presentations
Skills & Experience
UX/UI Design Consultant for Architects, Engineers, Designers, & Scientists
My software designs and research helped Fortune 500 professionals accomplish their core mission
UX Design and Research Consulting for Fortune 500 Clients
I have over 10 years experience designing interactive, multi-user programs for Fortune 500 firms and the U.S. Department of Energy at Argonne National Laboratory.
UX/UI Design Clients
Montgomery Ward & Co. Architecture and Construction Department
“Software so easy, even a CEO can use it”
UX Product Design and Research, development, and management of interactive, network-based, multi-user programs for their workgroups to collaborate.
- UX Design for Executive Decision Support Tool used by their CEO and Board of Directors
- Designed database backend for photos, and architecture and sales data for all 300 retail stores
- Planned, executed, and managed software and hardware upgrade for 80 person department
- Consulting relationship with architects, managers, and IT
- Software management and data updates for mission critical app
- Dashboards for analysis and decision making
Argonne National Laboratory
UX Product Design for Scientists & Office Staff
For Argonne Labs, I designed a new program from scratch for the American Institute of Physics (AIP). This network-based program allowed their workgroups, including scientists and secretaries, to collaborate on their core mission of publishing scientific journals.
- UX Product Design and Development of Interactive Workgroup Collaboration Software
- Ongoing software management and improvements for efficiency and effectiveness
- Communication with scientists, laboratory managers, information technology, and office staff
Helene Curtis: UX for Product Design Department
Designed easy-to-use, multi-user, network software for project managment and collaboration. Software supported the Helene Curtis product design and print advertising departments.
- Agile UX Design, user testing and interactive prototypes
- User Flow Diagrams and Site Maps
- Designed sophisticated, interactive module for managers to easily generate monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports
I like to create prototypes early in the design and consulting process.
- My prototypes can be paper, wireframe, or pixel perfect
- Useful for user testing
- Great for gaining insights about features that don’t work for users
- Often can be loaded on a tablet or smartphone for remote testing
Wireframes for Web & Tablet Apps
I create wireframes at various points in my UX process. I sometimes make wireframes as an ideation step as an alternative to sketching. It helps to see how a screen looks and to get a rough idea of the UI and user navigation.
The benefits of my wireframe drawings include:
- Easy to create
- Their rough look often encourages suggestions for improvements
- Useful to share with design/development team
- Easy to make interactive for user testing
- Helpful to show stakeholders and managers for input
Dashboards for User Data Analysis
With my UX Design for a large multi-site web app and Saas product launch, the user interviews revealed that a way to see highlights of the program would be helpful. The web app was targeted primarily for tablets and my design included a sophisticated cloud database backend. With all the user data being saved to the cloud app, it was straitforward to design dashboard screens. The dashboard’s tables, charts, and graphs gave managers and department heads a useful overview.
- Dashboards update automatically from the user data
- Can be printed by users as a report
- An easy way to get a view of the big picture of how a program is progressing
My UX Product Design Process
My UX Product Design Process
The following icons show the UX steps and deliverables that I use with my UX projects for mobile apps, web apps, and websites. As a project proceeds, I like to create UX deliverables such as Personas, Empathy Maps, User Flow Diagrams, and User Journey Maps. These help the UX team, stakeholders, and managers to get a better understanding of the design and development project. This can include seeing where pain points and goals/opportunies might exist. I communicate my research findings through reports, webinars, and inperson presentations.
Pain Points and Goals
User Flow Diagrams
User Journey Maps
View My UX Design Web App Portfolio including Personas, Wireframes, User Flow Diagram, Journey Map, Prototype Screens, and More…
My Broad Range of Industry Client Experience:
My broad background as a UX Designer and Researcher includes designing digital products for healthcare, enterprise, and B2B organizations in many diverse industries and leading research to advance user experience.
Personal Care Products
Academic Journal Publishing
Healthcare Research and Education
Retail Store Headquarters Architecture Dept.
U.S. Department of Energy
National Healthcare Agency
Goverment Healthcare Agency
Research and Education
National Healthcare Agency
Professional Societies and Associations:
I am a member of UX Design and Interaction Design Professional Associations which connect me to other professionals and keep me up-to-date with best practices and industry trends.